skip to content

Do I qualify for the BAS (Bachelors of Applied Science) program?

Students who have obtained an Associates in Applied Science qualify for the BAS program.  All other students qualify for the Health Studies Bachelors of Science program.

Do I need to take the GRE to apply to the master's program if I got my degree at TWU?

Yes.  All applicants for Health Studies Masters program are required to take the GRE. More information on the GRE, including testing dates and centers, is available through this link:

Who is my advisor?

  • Undergraduate On Campus Health Studies Program - Dr. Roger Shipley: or at 940-898-2840
  • Undergraduate Online Health Studies Program - C. David Infante: or at 940-898-2834
  • Graduate Health Studies Programs - Hobert Kilgore III: or at 940-898-2864

How do I register for courses?

Please see the linked information sheets below for instructions:

How do I take an online course if I'm not an online student?

All non-HS Online Students who would like to take a Health Studies Online course will need to fill out a petition.  You can find the Petition to Enroll in HS Online Course Form here:

What is the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS)? -

DARS is an automated process for tracking your progress in completing a bachelor's degree at TWU. DARS will help you understand what degree requirements you have fulfilled and what you need to graduate. You can link to DARS through Pioneer Portal at this URL:

DARS has the answer to every student's to 3 questions:

  1. What courses do I have to take to complete my undergraduate degree program?
  2. Have I met TWU's requirements for graduation?
  3. What courses would I have to take if I switched my  major?

If you need technical assistance in using DARS, contact the Help Desk.

If you need assistance understanding a DARS report, click here.

If you believe there is an error on your DARS report, contact your advisor or e-mail an explanation to Be sure to include your name and Colleague ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for a response.

Having trouble with DARS? Use this handy PDF for step-by-step instructions with screen shots: What's All the Fuss About DARS?: Things Every TWU Undergraduate Should Know

Who do I speak with about internship?

During HS 4121 Internship Preparation Dr. Roger Shipley will discuss your internship options.  If you have questions please contact Dr. Shipley at 940-898-2840 or at

What is Eta Sigma Gamma (ESG)?

Eta Sigma Gamma is a national honorary association with a tradition and commitment to promote the highest ideals of professionalism.  This academic honorary association acknowledges students’ scholarship and professional growth activities.  Health Studies majors or minors who meet the necessary requirements may participate in the department’s honorary society. See this link for more information:

What is Epsilon Omega Epsilon (EOE)?

Epsilon Omega Epsilon (EOE) is the national honor society for students in higher education pursuing a degree through online education.  EOE provides recognition of the academic excellence, dedication, rigor, and perseverance involved in seeking a degree through an online program. See this link for more information:


page last updated 11/20/2014 9:11 AM