Alpha Phi Chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma of Texas Woman’s University won:
“National Chapter of the Year 1994-1995”
What is Eta Sigma Gamma?
Eta Sigma Gamma is a national honorary association with a tradition and commitment to promote the highest ideals of professionalism. This academic honorary association acknowledges students’ scholarship and professional growth activities. Health Studies majors or minors who meet the necessary requirements may participate in the department’s honorary society. Eta Sigma Gamma is a national organization that works to:
- Stimulate scientific research
- Facilitate communication and discussion between individuals, agencies, and governmental jurisdictions through the exchange of practices and philosophies
- Initiate service and academic achievement among its members
- Recognize service and academic achievement
- Develop methods, materials, and health education programs
- Raise professional standards, and ethics within the field of health education
Members of Eta Sigma Gamma participate in a number of teaching, research, service, and scholarly activities throughout the academic year. For information on Eta Sigma Gamma contact the Department of Health Studies at 940-898-2840.
Download Eta Sigma Gamma information packet and application.
page last updated 4/15/2014 8:33 PM