Visiting Scholar Information
Full Name and title: Haiying Han, MBA, BSN
Position in home country: Nursing lecturer, Hangzhou, China
Employing facility: Zhejiang University City College, China
Title of work position: Nursing Instructor
Dates of Visiting Scholar Experience: January – July 2013 TWU Houston campus
Objectives of Visiting Scholar Experience
- Explore information technology utilized in nursing courses.
- Participate in the use of simulation in nursing courses/skills labs.
- Develop a simulation article to submit for publication addressing the use of simulation in China based on what was learned at TWU.
- Attend numerous didactic lectures for a number of classes in the undergraduate, Master’s level and doctoral level of the nursing program.
- Attend several clinical sessions in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Participate in the Ctr. for Global Nursing Scholarship.
- Attend a Texas state nursing student association conference.
- Participate in several faculty meetings development of a simulation article to submit for publication addressing the use of simulation in China based on what she has learned at TWU.
I benefited from the technological teaching tool and also became aware that faculty development program using a train the trainer model is essential to increase the effective use of clinical simulation in nursing education. These are just a few highlights of the take home lessons I gained from my six months experience at TWU. Above all, I was most impressed by the culture of teaching and learning interactions between faculty and students on this campus. I had the opportunities to attend many didactic lectures in both undergraduate and graduate level of nursing courses. I truly appreciate the rich resources and support systems students enjoy on this campus. I received more help and support from faculty, staff, and students than I had expected; and I exceeded my learning objectives than I had originally hoped to accomplish. I have grown both personally and professionally in the last six months. I will treasure the experience I had, and the friendships I built for the rest of my life.
Would you recommend the VS experience to others?
page last updated 8/22/2014 11:24 AM