Bachelor of General Studies
The bachelor of general studies (BGS) degree is a multidisciplinary program created to provide an undergraduate education of the highest quality, while offering students the flexibility to complete their bachelor's degree online or in an on-campus classroom setting. Students who complete this degree will gain a wide breadth of knowledge from areas such as management, social sciences, humanities, health sciences and the arts.
Our program is designed for those students who have completed the equivalent of the first two years of college (core requirements) and want to earn a bachelor's degree. The BGS program provides opportunities for students to:
- Transfer previously earned hours, regardless of how long ago they were earned.
- Study with other non-traditional students in a supportive environment.
- Have access to faculty who have an in-depth of knowledge in their respective fields of study.
How to Apply
- Complete the undergraduate application to TWU online at applytexas.org and include the required application fee of $50.00. Specify the major as "Bachelor of General Studies" (Code 10102).
- Send official transcripts for each college and university attended to:
Office of Admissions Processing Texas Woman’s University P.O. Box 425649 Denton, Texas 76204
- Find out what to do after you have been accepted.
TWU Bachelor of General Studies Program alumni have gone on to lead successful and rewarding careers as:
- Chief operating officers
- Customer care representatives
- Administrative assistants
“I absolutely love the general studies online degree program. It gives me the opportunity to study multiple fields and allows the flexibility of taking online classes while working full-time and raising a family."— Kimberly Montgomery, BGS alumna
Page last updated 11:06 AM, March 3, 2017