The Former Students Association is a Chartered Alumni Group of Texas Woman's University as of September, 2012. Any donation to this organization is 100% deductible and makes you an active member. The primary benefit of a FSA membership remains the same: funding scholarships while joining your fellow classmates and graduates in the promotion of Texas Woman’s University and ensuring the value of your TWU degree. Stay in Touch... like us on Facebook
AN IMPORTANT LETTER FROM YOUR FSA PRESIDENT -
Recently, TWU FSA Board voted for the TWU FSA to become the TWU alumni association through a partnership arrangement that integrates us fully into the life of the University once again. This decision comes after careful consideration of the legacy of the original Alumnae Association established in 1905. As we begin a new phase in our rich history, we renew our commitment to the university and look ahead to meeting the needs of our TWU students and alumni.
Moving forward, you will be hearing from the FSA Board with information regarding the transition process. In the meantime, all programs, events, committee work, and operations will go on as they currently are. Please continue with your plans to participate with FSA in Homecoming, scholarship giving opportunities, programs or meetings, and anything else already on your individual or Chapter agendas.
As the TWU alumni association, all students who complete degrees, automatically become members of the alumni association upon graduation. Students who complete certificate programs and friends of the alumni association may also become members. All current memberships and Chapters remain a part of our association and life member benefits will be honored.
The Board officers will continue to provide leadership for the association and new board members will be installed in April as planned. Chapter officers/council members will remain in place and follow their current procedures for elections or appointments. We will operate under current by-laws until they are revised and approved by vote of the membership.
In summary, our association membership base is now a comprehensive representation of the TWU alumni, 85,000 strong. FSA operations for the Board, Chapters, and members will continue as they are until further information is disseminated. The FSA Board officers and the TWU Office of Alumni Relations are available to you as your support resource. Please feel free to contact any of us with questions or for additional information.
Patricia J. Edwards, Ph.D., President,
Class of 1977, 1979 & 1998
List of life members who contribute annually to the FSA for support and operating expenses -
Who is eligible for membership?
Former students are eligible for an association membership upon making an annual or lifetime donation to the FSA. All TWU FSA memberships include membership in any Chapter of your choosing. The following are the new Donation Levels, all of which help FSA to fund scholarships and assist in supporting the day-to-day operating expenses of our small office. Donate to join!
Maintaining fellowships with other alums that also share the rich standards and strong values of TWU is one of the 10 reasons for joining along with some benefits that are listed below.
Membership Form (Download the fillable form which opens in a new window, from there you can enter your information, then click on the SUBMIT FORM)
Recently graduated.... give us a try for a year... complete and send this complimentary form and stay connected... (Download the fillable form which opens in a new window, from there you can enter your information, then click on the SUBMIT FORM)
Membership Levels - with a designation of urestricted use or for scholarships only
- Pioneer Pathfinder ($30 - $49)
- Pioneer Trail-Blazer ($50 - $99)
- Pioneer Builder ($100 - $499)
- Pioneer Pillar ($500 - $999)
- Pioneer Associate - support with any donation
Founder (Life) ($1000 or more, one life-time payment) this level will participate in the annual sustaining life campaign
Membership Payment Options
- Call 940-898-2586 or 1-866-809-6130 ext 812586 to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Fax 940-898-2497 to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Mail completed application with payment to P O Box 425795, Denton, TX 76204
- Alumni Services
- Choice & Wyndham Hotel Discounts (click for your discounts)
- Car Rental Discounts (click for your discounts)
- 10% Discount at Follett Bookstore * – Denton campus only
- Membership at TWU Fitness and Recreation Center *- Denton campus only ($95/semester w/$50 app fee)
- Guest Privileges at TWU's Denton, Dallas and Houston Libraries - a Courtesy Card (check-out up to 5 items and access databases )onsite
- 10% Discount on TWU School of the Arts Concerts and Performances *
Top 10 – Priceless Rewards for FSA Membership
- Demonstrate appreciation for the excellent education you received
- Assist current students through the extensive FSA Scholarship Program
- Show pride in your university and its legacy and traditions
- Help FSA sponsor, plan and host the annual Homecoming reunion events
- Contribute to FSA’s annual awards programs: the new Accolades Awards - the Distinguished and the Hallmark Alumni Awards; and Outstanding Students Awards
- Participate by volunteering for FSA-sponsored events and committees
- Help FSA support and strengthen its academic and geographic chapters
- Stay in touch with your university, classmates and department
- Help TWU demonstrate active alumni involvement to the Texas State Legislature and the State Board of Higher Education
- Support FSA’s operational expenses
page updated 5/3/2016 1:29 PM