Information regarding the proposed changes to the association Bylaws
Key points of the partnership are:
- All graduates are members of the TWU Alumni Association.
- No dues are required; donations are welcome and accepted.
- Chapters and other TWU alumni groups will continue to exist and be supported by the TWU Alumni Association.
- All current benefits of a life member remain in place, we thank you for your loyal support!
- Association Board members will provide leadership for the new structure.
- Staff support and resources to the Association will be provided through the TWU Office of Alumni Relations and other entities.
- The TWU Foundation will serve as the fiscal agent for all funds including investments.
- The Association will retain responsibility for administration and distribution of donations directed to the Association.
- All donor directives to the Association will be honored.
- To ensure Association assets are protected, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with the TWU Foundation; the Memorandum is dated April 12, 2016.
- Letter with ballot from President, highlighting the changes to the association
- The current Bylaws of the association as amended in 2013
- The proposed Bylaws amending the name and structure of the association
The Former Students Association is a Chartered Alumni Group of Texas Woman's University as of September, 2012. Any donation to this organization is 100% deductible and makes you an active member. The primary benefit of a FSA membership remains the same: funding scholarships while joining your fellow classmates and graduates in the promotion of Texas Woman’s University and ensuring the value of your TWU degree. Stay in Touch... like us on Facebook
List of life members who contribute annually to the FSA for support and operating expenses -
Who is eligible for membership?
Former students are eligible for an association membership upon making an annual or lifetime donation to the FSA. All TWU FSA memberships include membership in any Chapter of your choosing. The following are the new Donation Levels, all of which help FSA to fund scholarships and assist in supporting the day-to-day operating expenses of our small office. Donate to join!
Maintaining fellowships with other alums that also share the rich standards and strong values of TWU is one of the 10 reasons for joining along with some benefits that are listed below.
Membership Form (Download the fillable form which opens in a new window, from there you can enter your information, then click on the SUBMIT FORM)
Recently graduated.... give us a try for a year... complete and send this complimentary form and stay connected... (Download the fillable form which opens in a new window, from there you can enter your information, then click on the SUBMIT FORM)
Membership Levels - with a designation of urestricted use or for scholarships only
- Pioneer Pathfinder ($30 - $49)
- Pioneer Trail-Blazer ($50 - $99)
- Pioneer Builder ($100 - $499)
- Pioneer Pillar ($500 - $999)
- Pioneer Associate - support with any donation
Founder (Life) ($1000 or more, one life-time payment) this level will participate in the annual sustaining life campaign
Membership Payment Options
- Call 940-898-2586 or 1-866-809-6130 ext 812586 to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Fax 940-898-2497 to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Mail completed application with payment to P O Box 425795, Denton, TX 76204
- Alumni Services
- Choice & Wyndham Hotel Discounts (click for your discounts)
- Car Rental Discounts (click for your discounts)
- 10% Discount at Follett Bookstore * – Denton campus only
- Membership at TWU Fitness and Recreation Center *- Denton campus only ($95/semester w/$50 app fee)
- Guest Privileges at TWU's Denton, Dallas and Houston Libraries - a Courtesy Card (check-out up to 5 items and access databases )onsite
- 10% Discount on TWU School of the Arts Concerts and Performances *
Top 10 – Priceless Rewards for FSA Membership
- Demonstrate appreciation for the excellent education you received
- Assist current students through the extensive FSA Scholarship Program
- Show pride in your university and its legacy and traditions
- Help FSA sponsor, plan and host the annual Homecoming reunion events
- Contribute to FSA’s annual awards programs: the new Accolades Awards - the Distinguished and the Hallmark Alumni Awards; and Outstanding Students Awards
- Participate by volunteering for FSA-sponsored events and committees
- Help FSA support and strengthen its academic and geographic chapters
- Stay in touch with your university, classmates and department
- Help TWU demonstrate active alumni involvement to the Texas State Legislature and the State Board of Higher Education
- Support FSA’s operational expenses
page updated 6/30/2016 12:28 PM