Hours of Operation:
- Fall and Spring: Monday – Thursday 03 pm - 08 pm
- Summer: Monday & Wednesday 03 pm - 08 pm
- Group Reservations; please see below for more information.
About the Wall
- Located in the TWU Fitness and Recreation.
- The climbing wall offers 2000 square feet of climbing space. The wall is 30 feet at the highest point and offers routes for beginners and advanced climbers.
- The wall includes a slack line, a rappelling station that descends from the 2nd floor of the fitness center, lead climbing routes, and a 15 foot bouldering area that is semi-enclosed for those who are new to climbing and prefer to learn in a more private atmosphere.
- Various special events and trainings are held throughout the semester.
- Climbing Shoes
- Chalk/Chalk Bag
Requirements for all climbers
- First time climbers: No Intro Class necessary! Just sign a waiver and our staff will do the rest!
- Returning climbers: Can challenge and pass the safety skills test each semester or attend an intro night for a refresher in order to belay.
- Student organizations may reserve the climbing wall Monday-Thuresday 8pm-10pm OR Friday 10am-4pm with a (2 hours time block).
- To request a date and time for the wall, please fill out the Group Request Form and return the completed form to Michelle Pagano at MPagano1@twu.edu or the form may also be submitted to Michelle's attention at the Fitness Center front desk. This form must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the requested date in order to be considered.
- Once a date and time have been reserved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the event organizer.
- Group Reservation Policies
- Reservations for group climbing must be made two weeks in advance. Groups may fill out the request form in order to begin their reservation. Click here for the request form.
- Minimum of 4 participants is required.
- Recommended group size is 20 or less. Groups larger than 20 will be divided in half and each will have one hour to climb.
- All participants must sign a waiver before climbing.
- Proper climbing attire must be worn while climbing or belaying. Proper attire includes: athletic clothing, no bare shoulders or midriffs and closed toe shoes.
- Group slots may be cancelled if a minimum of 4 climbers have not arrived by 15 minutes past the reserved time.
- For more information, please contact: Michelle Pagano at MPagano1@twu.edu
page updated 11/30/2016 11:59 AM