Hours & Location
- TWU Fitness & Recreation Center
- Monday-Friday: 3pm-8pm
About the Wall
- The climbing wall offers 2000 square feet of climbing space. The wall is 30 feet at the highest point and offers routes for beginners and advanced climbers.
- The wall includes a slack line, a rappelling station that descends from the 2nd floor of the fitness center, lead climbing routes, and a 15 foot bouldering area that is semi-enclosed for those who are new to climbing and prefer to learn in a more private atmosphere.
- Various special events and trainings are held throughout the semester.
- Climbing Shoes
- Chalk/Chalk Bag
Requirements for all climbers
- First time climbers: Must complete and pass a basic skills test before using the climbing wall.
- Returning climbers: Can challenge and pass the safety skills test each semester or attend an intro night for a refresher.
- Intro Nights: Monday & Thursday 5pm
- This class is focused on basic climbing skills, safety, and technique. A certified wall supervisor will guide you through a wall orientation, teach you proper climbing skills, and belaying technique.
- Rappelling: Wednesday
- This class will instruct you on the proper skills necessary for rappelling. After completing this class, participants will have the opportunity to rappel the new 22 foot wall from the 2nd floor of the fitness center.
- Bouldering/Slackline: Friday
- This night will focus on bouldering techniques needed for climbing below the 12 foot line. Slack lining involves walking across a taut piece of webbing that increases balance and team building skills.
- Student organizations may reserve the climbing wall Monday-Friday 8pm-10pm.
- To request a date and time for the wall, please fill out the Group Request Form and return the completed form to Michael at email@example.com or the form may also be submitted to Michael's attention at the Fitness Center front desk. This form must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the requested date in order to be considered.
- Once a date and time have been reserved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the event organizer.
- Group Reservation Policies
- Reservations for group climbing must be made two weeks in advance. Groups may fill out the request form in order to begin their reservation. Click here for the request form.
- Minimum of 4 participants is required.
- Recommended group size is 20 or less. Groups larger than 20 will be divided in half and each will have one hour to climb.
- All participants must sign a waiver before climbing.
- Proper climbing attire must be worn while climbing or belaying. Proper attire includes: athletic clothing, no bare shoulders or midriffs and closed toe shoes.
- Group slots may be cancelled if a minimum of 4 climbers have not arrived by 15 minutes past the reserved time.
- For more information, please contact: Michael Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
page updated 10/30/2014 2:26 PM