Hours of Operation:
- Fall and Spring: Monday – Thursday | 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Group Reservations; please see below for more information.
About the Wall
- Located in the TWU Fitness and Recreation.
- The climbing wall offers 2000 square feet of climbing space. The wall is 30 feet at the highest point and offers routes for beginners and advanced climbers.
- The wall includes a slack line, a rappelling station that descends from the 2nd floor of the fitness center, lead climbing routes, and a 15 foot bouldering area that is semi-enclosed for those who are new to climbing and prefer to learn in a more private atmosphere.
- Various special events and trainings are held throughout the semester.
- Climbing Shoes
- Chalk/Chalk Bag
Requirements for all climbers
- First time climbers: No Intro Class necessary! Just sign a waiver and our staff will do the rest!
- Returning climbers: Can challenge and pass the safety skills test each semester or attend an intro night for a refresher in order to belay.
Description: Participants will have all semester to climb to the height of Mount Everest base to summit. Students who complete each level will be rewarded with a prize.
Camp 1 – 2200 ft 74 climbs - T-shirt
Camp 2 – 3600 ft 120 climbs
Camp 3 – 6800 ft 227 climbs
Summit – 11329 ft 378 climbs
Location: TWU Climbing Wall Date: January 23rd – May 5th
Intro to Climbing
Description: Learn the basic foundation of belaying, basic knot tying, hold types, and basic movement in this class.
Location: TWU Climbing Wall Date: February 10th Time: 3:00 pm
Description: This class will give you tools to develop your climbing technique in order to climb longer and more efficiently.
Location: TWU Climbing Wall Date: March 10th Time: 3:00 pm
Description: Whether you are a beginner or a more advanced climber, everyone is welcome to attend and participate in Fit and Recs bouldering competition! Competitors can test their bouldering skills in beginner, intermediate and advanced categories. Prizes will be given to the top competitors in each category.
Location: TWU Climbing Wall Date: April 12th Time: 5:00 pm
Description: This class will teach you the foundational skills needed to dial in lead climbing and lead belaying at the climbing wall. Prior top-rope experience at a 5.9 level is required to participate in this class. Completion of class provides a semester lead pass.
Location: TWU Climbing Wall Date: First Friday of every month Time: 3:00 pm
page updated 1/9/2017 5:05 PM