- full service fitness center
- indoor pool
- group exercise classes
- intramural sports*
- tennis courts
- sand volleyball court
- outdoor basketball court
- climbing wall
- outdoor adventure equipment rentals*
- personal training*
- specialty classes*
*Additional fees required.
Current TWU students are automatic members of Fitness and Recreation and must have a valid TWU Student ID to access the facilities.
TWU Faculty/Staff - $73 Semester
TWU Alumni* - $95 Semester
TWU Plus One* - $95 Semester
Guest Day/Week - $5/$25
*A joining fee of $50 is required for Alumni and Plus One memberships. If a membership has been expired for more than 1 year, an additional $50 joining fee will be required at the time of renewal.
Fall - September 1st - December 31st
Spring - January 2nd - May 31st
Summer - June 1st - August 31st
Payroll deduction is offered twice a year in January and August for TWU Faculty and Staff.
TWU Faculty/Staff have access to the fitness centers on all campuses. To have your ID card activated for use on the Dallas or Houston campuses, contact Jordan Karnes at 940-898-2876 or JKarnes1@twu.edu prior to arrival on that campus.
Membership Category Eligibility:
- TWU Faculty/Staff - All fulltime, TWU faculty or staff members who are benefits eligible.
- TWU Alumni - All alumni memberships are subject to verificiation.
TWU Plus One - TWU faculty, staff, students and alumni who are current members with Fitness and Recreation may sponsor a dependent (16 yrs. old +), spouse, partner or adult living in the same household. Written proof of residency is required. Only one individual may be sponsored at a time. The TWU employee or student MUST be present, along with written proof of residency, when the sponsored member is signing up each semester.
Note: Aramark employees, bookstore employees, adjunct faculty, part-time TWU staff, and contractors may join the Fitness and Recreation Center at the Plus One rate.
- Acceptable proofs of residency:
- A current driver’s license showing age and residence
- Bank account jointly reflecting the name of the member and person being sponsored
- Marriage license
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement
- Texas motor vehicle registration or title
- Utility statement (including electric, water, natural gas, satellite TV, cable TV or cellular phone bill) dated within 90 days of the date of application
- Medical or health card
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy or homeowner’s or renter’s insurance statement
- Current automobile insurance policy or an automobile insurance statement
- W-2 or 1099 tax form from the current tax year
- Mail from a federal, state, county or city government agency dated within 90 days of the date of application
- Pre-printed paycheck or payment stub dated within 90 days of the date of application
- Current documents issued by the U.S. military indicating residence
- Current Form DS2019, I-20 or a document issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Acceptable proofs of residency:
- Any Fitness and Recreation member may sponsor up to two individuals per day as guest(s) for a fee.
- The member must be in the facility with the guest(s) at all times and is responsible for his/her guest's conduct.
- Guests must provide photo identification (a valid driver's license or state issued ID)
- The sponsor must present his/her TWU ID card to obtain the guest pass.
- The guest pass is valid only for the date listed on the receipt.
- Guests must be 18 years or older.
For information regarding memberships, please contact Jordan Karnes at JKarnes1@twu.edu 940-898-2876.
page updated 8/16/2016 11:17 AM