Looking for a place to hold your next student org meeting or special event? Maybe a staff training/team building day?
Consider using TWU Fitness and Recreation!
TWU student organizations and TWU staff/faculty can reserve the following spaces:
Studio 1 (Classroom)
Studio 2 (Group exercise room. Available on Fri, Sat and Sun)
Studio 3 (Group exercise room. Available on Fri, Sat and Sun)
Tennis courts (Behind Pioneer Hall and soccer field)
Sand volleyball court (Next to Stark/Guinn)
Climbing Wall (Special waivers apply. Contact Karrie Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
Reservations are limited to TWU affiliated groups.
Interested? Complete our facility reservation form and return it to the Student Recreation Center.
Policies and Procedures
1. Each request for space reservation must be approved by a Fitness & Recreation Assistant Director at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
2. Not all written requests can be accomodated.
3. Changes or additions to the original form may be made by notifying Fitness and Recreation in writing; however, some changes or additions may not be possible. The individual making the preliminary arrangements is the only authorized person to make changes to the original request.
4. Student organizations are required to have their advisor sign off on the reservation.
5. Space is available on a first come, first serve basis and only during regular operating hours.
6. Reservation request forms with incomplete information will not be accepted. Rooms will not be reserved until the form is complete.
7. Fitness and Recreation staff will be on hand to answer questions and help when needed. These students will occasionally observe your event to ensure policy compliance and safety.
8. Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed in any spaces affiliated with Fitness and Recreation.
9. Refreshments are permitted in some designated areas. Please note that some spaces within Fitness and Recreation do not allow refreshments. If refreshments are served, all food items must be disposed of and taken with you. Fitness and Recreation will not assist in setting up, serving, or cleaning up your refreshments.
10. Prohibited items in any indoor spaces include glitter, birdseed, nails, or tape on the walls.
11. Depending on the space being reserved, proper footwear is required.
12. All items located in closets are off limits unless permission is given.
13. Stereos and projectors are run by Fitness and Recreation staff only. For everyone’s safety, please do not ignore, use, or try to fix broken equipment.
14. In the event of a cancellation, please call Fitness and Recreation at (940) 898-2900, 7 days prior to the event. No shows will result in a loss of future reservations.
13. In accordance with the Texas Woman's University fire code, hallways, doorways, and stairways must be clear of all obstacles. Open flames such as candles, lanterns, and sternos are strictly prohibited in all indoor spaces.
14. Fitness and Recreation is a smoke free facility.
15. Fitness and Recreation reserves the right to move groups into more suitable spaces if applicable.
16. It is the responsibly of the individual or organization to ensure all items are removed at the conclusion of the event. Fitness and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or misplaced items prior to, during, or after an event.
17. Pets, other than guide animals, are prohibited at all facilities.
18. In accordance with Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Fitness and Recreation will make reasonable accommodations to ensure equal opportunity and access for individuals wishing to use the facility.
19. The Student Handbook and Student Code of Conduct supersede all polices with regard to rentals, alcohol, and food service.
20. The Fitness and Recreation Center is a place that people enjoy coming to meet their fitness and recreational needs. As a result, organizations or individuals that are abusive to staff, patrons, equipment, or facilities will be asked to leave and forfeit their privileges at Fitness and Recreation.
21. The reserving person or organization agrees to be financially responsible to pay for any damages, including excessive clean up, caused by the group or their employees. A fee of $100.00 will be charged to the person or organization, if necessary, after the user has been notified.
page updated 5/26/2015 1:13 PM