Texas Woman’s University’s fashion student Whitney Bracey embodies today’s Texas woman. She is an athlete and a fashionista, an entrepreneur and an advocate, an employee and a student, and she embraces each of these qualities and uses them to drive her passion to start a fashion company that is inclusive of all women. Full Story >>
Fashion at TWU
Fashion and Textiles at Texas Woman's University is dedicated to serving the needs of students focused on a career in the fashion industry. Degree programs are designed to provide students with the education and technical skills needed for a career in a fast-paced, exciting, global industry.
Career opportunities are diverse; Graduates of fashion programs work as merchandisers, buyers, apparel designers, accessory designers, pattern makers, sales representatives, store managers, wholesalers, merchandise planners and analysts, merchandise allocators, product developers, apparel production coordinators, fashion coordinators, quality assurance technicians, entrepreneurs, company owners, and university faculty members.
Degrees Offered in Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising
Fashion Design (BA)
The Fashion Design program provides extensive preparation for individuals seeking industry positions in the design and production components of the fashion industry.
Fashion Merchandising (BS)
The Fashion Merchandising program provides education for students who plan to work in fashion or retail management, selling, or buying. Fashion Merchandising students must choose either the Planning Emphasis degree or the Management Emphasis degree.
- Student Handbook 2013-2014 [pdf]
- FT Advising and Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Internship Guidelines for Students and Employers [pdf]
- Resume Guidelines [pdf]
- TWU Drop/Add Form [pdf]
- Request to Change Graduating Term (Undergraduate only) [pdf]
- Withdrawal Graduation Application Request [pdf]
- Change of Major Form SACP [pdf]
- Student Information Changes Form [pdf]
- Official Transcript Request Form [pdf]
- Unofficial Transcript Request Form [pdf]
- Academic/ Administrative Complaints & Appeals
- Course Rotation (pdf)
- Women's Wear Daily (WWD) Online
- Vogue Online Archive
- Berg Fashion Library
- Tour Berg Fashion Library
Import/Export Instructions for Berg Fashion Library
Faculty and Staff Resources
Texas Woman's University Fashion and Textiles (Official Facebook Group)