Thank a Faculty
Students had the opportunity to let faculty know the ways they have influenced and enhanced their future possibilities. "Thank You Cards" were sent to faculty members who had receive comments from thier students.
This is an ongoing process and all "Thank You" comments will be delivered each year after the semester during which the Spotlight on Faculty Excellence week is complete. Click the button to "Thank a Faculty!" Thanks for taking the time to recognize the faculty who work with you in achieving your educational goals.
New Faculty Breakfast
New faculty in Denton were invited to join Dr. Robert Neely, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, for a Breakfast honoring them as new members of our faculty community. The breakfast will took place Monday, October 28, 2013 @ 8:00 am in the Hubbard Hall Banquet Room.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Dallas Faculty Luncheon (Multipurpose Room, 3rd Floor)
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Denton Faculty Luncheon (Hubbard Hall SE Ballroom, food service begins at 11:45 am)
- Friday, November 1, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Houston Faculty Luncheon (Legacy Room)
The luncheons honored faculty accomplishments including:
- Awards of promotion and/or tenure, 2013
- Faculty Development Grant and Leave awards, 2012-14
- Pioneer Teaching and Learning Fellows, 2012-13
- Chancellor’s Research Fellows, 2012-13
- Quality Matters certification recipients, 2012-13
- Disciplinary awards, honors, and offices, 2012-13
- Awards of external funding, 2012-13
- New faculty, 2013-14 (Dallas & Houston).
In conjunction with the celebrations, a display of faculty posters presented at professional conferences during 2012-13 took place on all three campuses.
- Dallas faculty exhibits were held in the Auditorium Lobby (1st floor) from Monday, October 28 to Wednesday, October 3.
- Denton faculty exhibits were held in the Hubbard Hall Pioneer Room from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Wednesday, October 30, in conjunction with the Faculty Luncheon.
- Houston faculty exhibits were held on the Houston Center 1st and 2nd floors from Wednesday, October 3, to Friday, November 1.
Using Sedona to Spotlight Faculty Excellence
The Office of Technology offered 30-minute mini-workshops entitled “Using Sedona to Spotlight Faculty Excellence” Monday through Thursday, October 28-31. The workshops assisted faculty in maintaining their vitas to effectively highlight their accomplishments.