The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Presented by the TWU Department of Music and Drama
April 13-15 and 20-23, 2017
This one-act musical comedy is based on the book by Rachel Sheinkin and features music and lyrics by William Finn, with additional material by Jay Reiss. The TWU production will be directed by Patrick Bynane, Ph.D., with musical direction by Kelley Poché Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Performance times are:
- April 13, 8 p.m.
- April 14, 8 p.m.
- April 15, 8 p.m.
- April 20, 4 p.m. (pay-what-you-can performance)
- April 21, 8 p.m.
- April 22, 8 p.m.
- April 23, 2 p.m.
All performances will take place in the Redbud Theater Complex. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. Admission to the April 20 performance will be pay-what-you-can.
- October 12-16, 2016: Antigone by Jean Anouilh. Translated by Jeremy Sams and directed by Steven Young.
- November 16-20, 2016: Gun Show by Steven Young. Directed by Dr. Patrick Bynane.
- February 22-26, 2017: Lovesong by Abi Morgan. Directed by Dr. Noah Lelek.
- April 13-15 and 20-23, 2017: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Directed by Dr. Patrick Bynane, Musical Director Dr. Kelley Poche Rodriguez.
- The Triumph of Love April 13-17, 2016
- In Love & Warcraft February 24-28, 2016
- Third November 18-22, 2015
- Seven October 14-18, 2015
- Henry V April 15-19, 2015
- Endgame February 18-22, 2015
- Celebration November 12-16, 2014
- Speech & Debate October 1-5, 2014
- A Flea in Her Ear April 9-13, 2014
- Laundry & Bourbon March 5-7, 2014
- Shipwrecked! The Amazing Adventures of Louis De Rougemont As Told By Himself February 19-23, 2014
- The Night Witches November 20-24, 2013
- Rabbit Hole October 16-20, 2013
- Bunnicula June 19-23 & 26-30, 2013
- The Cherry Orchard April 17-21, 2013
- The Last 5 Years March 7-9, 2013
- Well February 20-24, 2013
- Dissonance by Paul Engle January 24-26, 2013
- Dancing at Lughnasa November 14-18, 2012
- Circle Mirror Transformation October 3-7, 2012
- Miss Nelson is Missing Adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the book by Harry Allard and James Marshall
- The Robber Bridegroom by Alfred Uhry
- Don’t Trifle with Love by Alfred de Musset
- A Lovely Sunday for Creve Coeur by Tennessee Williams
- Boy Gets Girl by Rebecca Gilman
- She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith
- The Panther’s Scream and Other Texas Tales, an original production
- Private Lives by Noel Coward
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by Joseph Robinette and C.S. Lewis
- Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris by Eric Blau and Mort Shuman
- The Half Moon Couple by Martin M. Maguire
- Oedipus the King by Sophocles
- Dead Man’s Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare
- The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
- The Long Christmas Dinner by Thorton Wilder
- Helen by Ellen McLaughlin
- Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen, Adapted by Jon Robin Baitz
- Proof by David Auburn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Wonder of the World by David Lindsay-Abaire
- The Fantasticks by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt
- The Heiress by Ruth and Augustus Goetz
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by William Shakespeare
Page last updated 3:13 PM, April 11, 2017