Total Hours Required: 42 semester hours, including 6 hours for culminating creative projects.
Core: 25 hours
DRAM 5433 Contemporary Theatre
DRAM 5473 Dramatic Criticism and Play Analysis
DRAM 5483 Theatre History I
DRAM 5493 Theatre History II
DRAM 5521 Theatre in Performance (4 units)
DRAM 5913 Individual Study (Project I)
DRAM 5973 Professional Paper (Project II)
- Continuation in the program is contingent upon successful completion of the qualifying creative project (Project I) and the annual graduate review scheduled in late April or early May of each year of study.
- Students are required to maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better in all courses applied to the graduate degree. A grade of C or below in any drama course will not count toward the Master of Arts degree.
- No student may begin project work without prior approval of the student's Graduate Committee.
- An oral examination on each of the culminating creative projects (two hours in length) which will be given:
- If either the qualifying or final project is not approved, the student's Graduate Committee may advise
- Completion of an additional project in the same focus area
- A switch in focus areas and completion of a new qualifying and final project, or
- Additional course work before any further project work is attempted
- A student may attempt Project I or Project II no more than two times each with special permission from the drama faculty.
To apply for admission a prospective student must submit the following materials to the Drama program for review:
- Letter of intent/application
- Sample of academic writing
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Audition and/or design portfolio (Optional)
- Resume or CV
page last updated 11/16/2014 4:13 PM