You may appeal any Texas Woman’s University parking citation through the University Traffic Appeals Committee. Members of the committee are faculty, staff and students who meet to consider the appeals of traffic tickets.
If the recipient of a citation believes that it is unwarranted, he or she may request a review by the University's Traffic Appeals Board. The appeal must be filed at the parking office within ten (10) calendar days from the date of the citation. The appeals board will notify the appellant of its decision.
Appeal forms can either be picked up at the Department of Public Safety Office in Hubbard Hall or downloaded.
All appeals are based on the TWU Traffic Regulations. Your personal opinion that the regulation is unfair or that you feel there is insufficient parking on campus is not generally perceived as a legitimate reason to dismiss the ticket.
- Appeals must be filed within 10 days of receiving the ticket. Appeals filed after 10 days are not considered.
- Appeals are first based on your written statement. The written statement is reviewed by the Traffic Committee, and if the appeal is denied, a personal appeal can be requested.
- Make sure the address and telephone number you provide is current and legible. The information you provide is used to notify you of the appeal decision, and to notify you of the time of your in-person appeal, should you choose that option.
- On the form, write out the reason(s) for your appeal. Include relevant facts, applicable portion(s) of the TWU Traffic Regulations, and any extenuating or mitigating circumstances. Evidence such as photographs can be submitted with the form. Remember: the details you provide is the information the appeals committee uses to decide the appeal.
- Turn in the appeal form, along with your copy of the ticket, to the Department of Public Safety (for Denton and Dallas campuses). The office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A copy of your appeal and the ticket will be provided to you upon request.
- The decision of the appeals committee will be sent to you by U.S. mail.
page last updated 5/2/2013 3:45 PM