5th Annual Nancy Glick Symposium - April 29, 2016 - Denton
Symposium for Dental Professionals, open to the public! 6 CEU's for attendees. See the day’s activities, more about our speakers, and how to register. Hope to see you there!
Texas Woman’s University Dental Hygiene Clinic is expanding its hours and now is available for patients age 13 and older. The new hours are Monday 12 – 9 pm, Tuesday 12:30 to 8:30 pm, Wednesday 8 – 5 pm and Thursday 8:30 am to 12 pm. More about “Clinic expands hours, seeks patients”...
The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation [and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”]. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda/accreditation/.
Who is the Dental Hygienist?
- Member of the oral health care profession who provides treatment to prevent and control dental caries (cavities) and periodontal diseases (gum diseases)
- Instructs patients on methods to improve and maintain optimal oral health
- Uses the "RDH" designation which stands for Registered Dental Hygienist and assures patients that he or she has completed a nationally accredited dental hygiene education program
- Passed a state or regional clinical examination and a national written examination
- Received a state license to provide preventive oral health care services and patient education