Texas Woman’s University Dental Hygiene Clinic is expanding its hours and now is available for patients age 13 and older. The new hours are Monday 12 – 9 pm, Tuesday 8 - 5 pm, Wednesday 8 – 5 pm and Thursday 8:30 am to 12 pm. More about “Clinic expands hours, seeks patients”...
The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation [and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”]. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda/accreditation/.
Who is the Dental Hygienist?
- Member of the oral health care profession who provides treatment to prevent and control dental caries (cavities) and periodontal diseases (gum diseases)
- Instructs patients on methods to improve and maintain optimal oral health
- Uses the "RDH" designation which stands for Registered Dental Hygienist and assures patients that he or she has completed a nationally accredited dental hygiene education program
- Passed a state or regional clinical examination and a national written examination
- Received a state license to provide preventive oral health care services and patient education