- To prepare dance artists and educators who possess an integrated foundational knowledge of the aesthetic, historical, cultural, choreography, and performance dimensions of the discipline of dance.
- To foster opportunities for students to advance their knowledge of dance as a discipline through active involvement in academic and artistic pursuits.
- To prepare dance artists and educators to meet the demands of an ever-changing dance world, to understand their place in the larger world, and to participate in the profession with the highest regard for ethical practice, integrity, and social responsibility.
- To provide a holistic approach to dance learning by fostering trans-disciplinary study and collaborative endeavors among the arts and other academic disciplines.
- To foster the development of the skills and knowledge necessary to function as a competent dance professional and advocate for dance settings.
page last updated 4/17/2013 5:09 PM