Carmen Cruz, Psy.D.
Director of Training
TWU Counseling Center
P.O. Box 425350
Denton, TX 76204-5350
(940) 898-3801 (phone)
(940) 898-3810 (fax)
- National Matching Services Program Code for this site is #157411
Completed online application including:
- AAPI found on-line at http://www.appic.org
- A vita or a resume
- Official transcripts of all graduate work
- Three letters of reference, at least two from individuals who comment on their direct supervision of your therapy skills
- Verification by Director of Clinical Training from your doctoral program
- Cover Letter/Letter of Fit- Please make certain to address the following within your letter:
- Your interest/fit with our site and SPECIFICALLY comment on both PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL goals for the year.
- The transcript names of your group therapy and four practicum sections, if they are not clear on your transcript.
All application materials must be received by Friday, November 8, 2013.
After reviewing all completed applications, the Selection Committee will determine interview candidates by mid-December. Applicants not selected as interview candidates for a possible internship offer will be notified via email after such a determination is made.
The Selection Committee will interview all candidates either by telephone/video conferencing or an on-site interview. On-site interviews are not required and are not necessary in order to receive favorable review by the Selection Committee. Each candidate will be paired with a current intern who is available to answer questions and provide assistance to the applicant throughout the entire selection process.
Interviews will be conducted in mid-December and the first 2 weeks of January. By mid-January, the final rankings of candidates will be confirmed. Candidates will be informed shortly thereafter as to whether they are still being considered for a possible internship offer.
THIS INTERNSHIP SITE AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE APPIC POLICY THAT NO PERSON AT THIS TRAINING FACILITY WILL SOLICIT, ACCEPT OR USE ANY RANKING-RELATED INFORMATION FROM ANY INTERN APPLICANT.
Applicants are required to follow the guidelines developed by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). A verbatim copy of APPIC's current guidelines regarding the computer match process can be found at http://www.appic.org. Notification of all applicants selected for an internship offer will follow APPIC Guidelines. Please read these guidelines carefully so that you understand the requirements of the computer matching procedure.
Texas Woman's University is committed to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all individuals. Upon request, Texas Woman's University will make reasonable accommodations to enable an applicant with a disability to apply for a job.
page last updated 3/6/2014 5:19 PM