Empowering Women as Leaders Stars Scholarship: Apply in Fall!
The Star Scholarship Program provides financial support and mentoring for college education of high-potential women, residing in Texas, ages 23 and older. We call our selected women "Stars" because they shine with possibility and a determination to make great things happen.
Once a Star is selected, EWL pairs the Star with a mentor while she obtains her college degree and throughout the first two years of her career. We match Stars with experienced professionals who have achieved success in the workplace and who can share learning experiences. Stars also receive $750 scholarship for each semester they are registered as a full time undergraduate student.
- At least 23 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- Demonstrate critical financial need
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate study program in Texas Woman’s University
- Earned a 3.2 cumulative grade point average
- Maintain good standing with TWU and EWL
- Eager to make a difference in the world
- Reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
The Women’s Opportunity Awards program assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Each year, more than $1.5 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,000 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Women’s Opportunity Award recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
Eligible applicants are women who:
- Provide the primary financial support for her dependents (including children, spouse, siblings and/or parents)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program
- Are motivated to achieve their educational and career goals
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award; are not a Soroptimist member, employee of Soroptimist or immediate family of either
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
HSF General College Scholarship Application
- Be of Hispanic heritage (most programs)
- Have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have plans to enroll as a FULL-TIME student in the Fall of 2013
page last updated 1/31/2017 4:37 PM