Lasso Staff Business Team
Interim Advisor: Amy O'Keefe Business Manager: Kaitlin Clothier
Editor in Chief: Shannon Quick Managing Editor: Alex Ancira
Design Editor: Maura Teague
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Advertising Email: email@example.com
Phone: 940-898-2185 Phone: 940-898-2183
Fax: 940-898-2188 Fax: 940-898-2188
Denton, TX 76203
Looking for a job or internship on campus? Work for the Lasso!
Apply TODAY to work for the Lasso! Fill out the application, and turn it in at Stoddard Hall, Room 311. Bring a copy of your resume with you.
Interested in Advertising with the Lasso?
Advertising with The Lasso ensures that you will be taken care of by friendly people with a personal touch. Our campus presence guarantees an audience for your advertisement. Not only do we have the lowest rates, but our outgoing sales team is friendly and professional. They want to hear from you and will help you with your design - free of charge.
"We are here to enrich and help your business grow, with our strong expertise. The Lasso allows for your advertisements to be seen in Denton, Dallas and Houston. As business professionals we are commited to ensuring that our clients are number one."
The Lasso Team
Interested in Advertising? Please fill out the attached packet and contact Kaitlin Clothier.
Local PR Packet.pdf
For questions about advertising with the Lasso, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of The Lasso’s history include:
- Notable past editors, including Caro Crawford Brown, ’28, the first female journalist to receive a Pulitzer Prize for local reporting; Grace Robinson New, '46, the first female television news reporter in Dallas; Kathy Williams, ’81, assistant news director for KPRC Channel 2 (NBC) in Houston; and Stacie Walker ’91, award-winning former national news editor for Newsday; Richard Rocha, ’98, served as the paper’s first male editor from 1996-1997.
- The paper was known as The Lass-O until 1986.
- It was a weekly publication until 1945 and then was printed four times a week until 1993. It went bi-weekly until adopting its current weekly (published on Thursdays) format in 1996.
- When TWU dropped its mass communications program in 2002, the paper was housed in the School of Library and Information Studies until 2006, when it moved to the English, Speech and Foreign Languages Department, where it remained until relocating to its current location in the Office of Student Life in 2011.
- TWU is one of a few universities in the country to have a student-run college newspaper without a journalism or mass communications program;
The Lasso is a member of the Texas Intercollegiate Press Association and the Associated Collegiate Press.
- The Lasso and its staff has won numerous awards from the Texas Intercollegiate Press Association including 41 nominations in 2010 with awards going to Morgan Griffin for an Honorable Mention in On-Site Opinion, Luis Rendon and staff for 2nd Place in Front Page Design, James McFaddin for an Honorable Mention in Sports Feature, James McFaddin with an Honorable Mention in Sports News Katherine Braun and staff for 3rd Place in Arts and Entertainment Page Design. There were 48 nominations in 2009 with awards going to Luis Rendon for 2nd place in News Editorial, Luis Rendon for 3rd place in News Feature, Kendyll Castles Harden for 3rd place in Opinions, Kendyl Castles Harden for Honorable Mention in Editorial Cartoon, Ezekiel Bierschank for 2nd place in Feature Photo, Ezekiel Bierschank for 3rd place in Sports Photo, and Andrea Stephens for Honorable Mention in News Feature.
page last updated 12/3/2013 12:44 PM