- Specify " Texas Woman's University"
- Apply as a transfer undergraduate student in Communication Sciences ( Note: These courses are at the undergraduate level)
- Apply for Summer
- $50 fee will be assessed.
Send ALL official transcripts from EACH college/university attended to:
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204
Include additional official transcripts to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department with your application packet.
- Candidates must have a grade point average of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale in their last 60 hours of college work. This includes any hours taken after their Bachelors degree is earned. We do not round up.
- Candidates must complete their bachelor’s degree prior to beginning prerequisite classes. The award of a bachelor’s degree must appear on the transcript. Your transcript must clearly state the completion of the bachelor's degree.
- Have two university professors/instuctors, employers, or co-workers complete, sign and return a recommendation form to you in a sealed envelope with their signature across the seal.
Letter of intent- write letter of intent which does not exceed two pages double spaced and include the following:
- Discuss your career goals
- Reasons for entering your chosen profession
- Reasons for wanting to attend TWU
Complete and sign the SLP Prerequisite Program application form.
Before March 1, mail the 2 sealed recommendation letters, the letter of intent, all official transcripts from each College/University attended, and the SLP Prerequisite Program application to:
Dept. of Communication Sciences and Disorders
P.O. Box 425737
Denton, Texas 76204-5737
Attn: Prerequisite Coordinator
You will receive a letter from the TWU Office of Admissions indicating whether you have been accepted to the university as a post-baccalaureate student. This does not constitute admission to the SLP Prerequisite Program. You will receive a letter from the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders indicating whether you have been admitted to the SLP Prerequisite Program. This constitutes admission to the SLP Program.
- If you are admitted to the Prerequisite Program, you will receive an email approximately one week prior to registration giving the course numbers, registration codes, and instructions for registering.
page updated 5/27/2014 9:28 AM