- Specify " Texas Woman's University"
- Apply as a transfer undergraduate student in Communication Sciences ( Note: These courses are at the undergraduate level)
- Apply for Summer
- $50 fee will be assessed.
Send ALL official transcripts from EACH college/university attended to:
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204
Include additional official transcripts to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department with your application packet.
- Candidates must have a grade point average of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale in their last 60 hours of college work. This includes any hours taken after their Bachelors degree is earned. We do not round up.
- Candidates must complete their bachelor’s degree prior to beginning prerequisite classes. The award of a bachelor’s degree must appear on the transcript. Your transcript must clearly state the completion of the bachelor's degree.
- Have two university professors/instuctors, employers, or co-workers complete, sign and return a recommendation form to you in a sealed envelope with their signature across the seal.
Letter of intent- write letter of intent which does not exceed two pages double spaced and include the following:
- Discuss your career goals
- Reasons for entering your chosen profession
- Reasons for wanting to attend TWU
Complete and sign the SLP Prerequisite Program application form.
Before March 1, mail the 2 sealed recommendation letters, the letter of intent, all official transcripts from each College/University attended, and the SLP Prerequisite Program application to:
Dept. of Communication Sciences and Disorders
P.O. Box 425737
Denton, Texas 76204-5737
Attn: Prerequisite Coordinator
You will receive a letter from the TWU Office of Admissions indicating whether you have been accepted to the university as a post-baccalaureate student. This does not constitute admission to the SLP Prerequisite Program. You will receive a letter from the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders indicating whether you have been admitted to the SLP Prerequisite Program. This constitutes admission to the SLP Program.
- If you are admitted to the Prerequisite Program, you will receive an email approximately one week prior to registration giving the course numbers, registration codes, and instructions for registering.
page updated 11/14/2014 3:33 PM