skip to content

The graduate program in speech-language pathology prepares students to become outstanding speech-language pathologists whose knowledge and skills exceed national certification standards. Graduates are life-long learners who become leaders in the field and who integrate ethics, evidence-based practice and critical thinking into their practice.

The accredited program prepares students to apply for Texas licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist and the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.

Why Choose TWU?

  • Interactive classes taught by accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
  • Specialized coursework with experiential learning
  • Each student has a variety of clinical experiences
  • Balance between coursework and clinical experiences
  • Two different learning venues:

Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology - On Campus Venue

  • Classes held on Denton and Dallas campuses in the evenings
  • Diverse practicum experiences 2-5 days a week
  • Students begin in summer or fall each year
More about “Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology - On Campus Venue”...

Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology - Distance TETN Venue

  • Funded by Texas Education Agency to train SLPs to work in Texas schools
  • Classes held at regional Education Service Centers throughout Texas and via webinar format
  • Cohorts admitted every two years
More about “Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology - Distance TETN Venue”...


The Master’s of Science education program in Speech-Language Pathology at Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850,  800 498-2071 or 301 296-5700.

Accreditation Information including program completion rates, praxis examination pass rates and employment rate of our graduate students.

page last updated 10/20/2014 2:53 PM