Graduate Program Departmental Requirements:
The deadline for admission of all materials is February 1 for the next academic year.
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425737
Denton TX 76204
Attention: Nan Whitten
- On-Campus SLP On-Campus Information Form
- Essay / letter of intent- Send to COMS Department
This is a letter of no more than 500 words that will be read for content and mechanics.
Describe your goals- why you want to be an SLP, how you got into the field
- 3 letters of recommendation using the form or a written letter.
The deadline for submitting materials to Admissions Processing is February 1 for the next academic year. However, to allow for processing, it is recommended to submit this information by January 15.
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
- Apply to TWU ApplyTexas.org, $50.00 fee assessed.
- ALL Official transcripts from each school attended- Send to Admissions Processing
- GRE Scores: (please be aware: it takes approximately 1 month for official scores to reach TWU Admissions Processing after the test is taken)
GRE will need to be taken by January 1.
Steps to Admission
- Submit Departmental Information Form, Letter of Intent and 3 letters of reference to Communication Sciences & Disorders Department by February 1 (see above address)
- Submit transcript and GRE scores to Admissions Processing by February 1. (see above address)
- Apply to Texas Woman's University at Applyexas.org
- Graduate Acceptance
- Admissions Processing does not begin processing your application until all three admissions processing requirements have been received.
- The office of Admissions Processing requires at least 1 month to process the application after receiving all the required paperwork before sending the processed application to the department.
- The COMS Admission Committee reviews completed applications once they are received. Applications cannot be considered by the COMS Admissions Committee until Admissions Processing has processed the student's application, transcripts and GRE scores and all requirements are received by the department. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The names of students recommended for admission to the COMS graduate program will be sent to the graduate school by the COMS admissions committee by March 15.
- The Graduate School will review the applications and either accept or deny admission.
- A letter from the graduate school will be sent to the students notifying them of their status.
- You will receive an information letter from the department to confirm your acceptance and your start date for the program.
page updated 5/21/2013 2:02 PM