Applicants seeking admission into the Education of the Deaf Graduate Program should have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
- A GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate work.
- GRE is required. A total of 950 (296 new version) with scores of 400 math ( 140 new version) and 550 verbal ( 156 new version) is recommended. Please submit scores to Admissions Processing.
- Access to a computer and the internet.
- Off-Campus/Online Students must have access to a school for children who are D/HH.
- Departmental Graduate Application Forms (pdf) Please complete all forms and return them to the address on the form, attention Dr. Tamby Allman by April 1. Return sealed letters of recommendation with the application packet.
- A Statement of Intent should be completed with your departmental application.
Statement of intent should be no more than 2 pages typed, double-spaced, written in a professional manner.
Address the following areas of concern:
- Your qualifications for graduate school
- 3 reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in deaf education
- What you hope to achieve with a graduate degree in deaf education
- 3 major needs/issues in deaf education (provide references)
- All references should be cited in APA format
- 2 professional letters of recommendation. Send to: Communication Sciences and Disorders Department. Letters should address applicant's academic strengths, and characteristics that would make the individual an effective teacher. References who can attest to your academic abilities, and strength as a candidate for graduate school are strongly encouraged.
- For students seeking teacher certification at Texas Woman's University, application to the Department of Teacher Education and the following test scores are required:
- GRE scores are required for admission. Previously taken GRE scores are accepted if original copys of the original scores can be provided.
Admissions Processing requirements:
- Graduate School Application and $50.00
- All transcripts (Send to Student Records)
- GRE scores are required for admission. A total of 950 (296 new version) with scores of 400 math ( 140 new version) and 550 verbal ( 156 new version) is recommended. Previously taken GRE scores are accepted if original copys of the scores can be provided.
- Please send the above information to:
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton TX 76204
page last updated 11/14/2014 3:33 PM