Teachers of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
- Work primarily as teachers in public schools.
- Must pass state TExES examination and TASC examination.
- Hold all-level teacher certification and may teach preschool through high school.
- Consider the social, speech and language problems associated with various type of hearing loss when teaching speech, language and content information to persons with hearing loss.
- Are certified by Texas Education Agency (courses are incorporated into the undergraduate and graduate curriculum including student teaching.)
page updated 5/16/2013 3:57 PM