Earned doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech-Language Pathology, or related area. Candidate must be ASHA-certified and licensed (or eligible to become licensed) as a speech-language pathologist in Texas.
The department of Communication Sciences and Disorders focuses on the preparation of master’s level speech-language pathologists using both a traditional venue and a well-established distance education venue. The TWU program is ASHA accredited.
Teach graduate and undergraduate academic courses, preferably in the areas of child phonology and language or adult neurology/dysphagia, although other areas of specialty will be considered; supervise clinical students; conduct research for scholarly publications; and professional service.
Texas Woman’s University occupies a notable position in higher education as the nation’s largest university primarily for women. Its four campuses in Denton, Dallas and Houston are joined by a fifth “e-Learning” campus that offers innovative online degree programs in business, education, and general studies. Semester enrollment continues to grow with an excess of 14,000 students currently enrolled. TWU is connecting excellence to the real world by:
- Addressing the health care needs of Texans by opening a new Institute of Health Sciences – Houston Center in 2006 and a new Institute of Health Sciences – Dallas Center built at TWU’s Parkland campus,
- Producing more new nurses and health care professionals than any other university in Texas,
- Helping ease the teacher shortage by placing highly qualified professionals where they’re needed most – in the classroom,
- Offering a liberal arts-based curriculum that prepares students for success in an increasingly global world, and
- Conducting research that impacts the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity, osteoporosis, stroke and diabetes.
Please submit a cover letter with resume via email to Facultyjobs@twu.edu (E-mail Header or Subject line must include job title and job code number "12HS-CSD02")
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Code: 12HS-CSD02
Date Closed: Open Until Filled
Texas Woman's University, an AA/EEO employer, supports diversity. Men and women, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, are encouraged to apply. All offers of employment will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide documents which establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. All positions at Texas Woman's University are deemed security sensitive requiring background checks.
page last updated 5/16/2013 3:57 PM