Sponsored (Third Party) Billing
Sponsored Billing is the process whereby Texas Woman’s University bills an outside organization (sponsor/third party) for a student's tuition and/or fees. Sponsored Billing is unique in that the sponsor requires a bill from the University before remitting payment. If you are expecting a third party to pay your tuition and other fees, you need to make special arrangements with us to bill this sponsor.
Sponsored students are responsible for:
- Contacting the Bursar's Office at email@example.com prior to your first semester to let us know you're a sponsored student. If we do not have your Authorization on file by the payment deadline, we cannot guarantee that your classes will not be dropped for non-payment.
- Confirming receipt of a contract/Authorization from your sponsor (see below).
- Providing your sponsor with the correct Student information for mailing an Authorization to bill.
- Student Name
- TWU Student ID
- Specific semester or term for which you are enrolled.
- Bursar's address
- Paying any charges not covered by your sponsor before the fee payment deadline to avoid deletion of classes.
- Notifying the TWU Financial Aid office of your sponsor information and anticipated benefit (Financial Aid applicants only).
We must have a contract from your sponsor on file. An Authorization on your sponsor's letterhead, including the original signature of an official authorized to obligate payment by the company/organization. Contracts/Authorizations should be sent at least three weeks before the fee payment deadline to:
Email (preferred): Payments@twu.edu
USPS: Texas Woman’s University
Attn: Sponsored Billing
P.O. Box 425439
Denton, TX 76204-5439
Texas Woman’s University requires a Letter of Authorization, purchase order or voucher from your sponsor in order to directly bill your sponsor for payment of authorized charges. The Authorization must:
1. Be written in English under the sponsor's official letterhead.
2. Contain no restrictions or contingencies (for example, if the sponsor requires grades or transcripts prior to payment, the transaction does not qualify as Sponsored Billing so the student is responsible for payment by the billing due date then must seek reimbursement from the sponsor);
3. The Authorization must itemize the type of fees and charges that the sponsor will be responsible for (tuition, housing, house-parking, mandatory fees (and health insurance, for international students only)). The most up-to-date fee information can be found on the Tuition & Fee page. Please note that this office cannot invoice for books and supplies. Contact the University Bookstore directly to inquire about direct billing to sponsors for books and supplies.
4. Stipulate the exact semester(s) for which the sponsor will pay the student's charges. The Authorization will only be valid the specified period.
Your sponsor must submit an Authorization for each semester to continue the Authorization process.
5. Indicate the student's full name and TWU Student ID.
6. Indicate the name, billing address and telephone number of the contact person at the company/organization that is responsible for payment.
Upon receipt of a valid Authorization, the Bursar will apply a conditional credit to the sponsored student's account, and bill the sponsor after the final withdrawal period. Students whose sponsor has not authorized full payment of all tuition and fees are responsible for paying all non-covered charges by the payment deadline in order to assure the retention of class schedules.
Students whose sponsor fails to pay the authorized charges by the end of the term in which they were billed will have their conditional credit reversed and be responsible for the unpaid charges. A financial hold, late fees and registration restrictions may be placed on the student's account until the balance is paid in full. The Bursar will contact the student via their TWU email address regarding their sponsor adjustments. Students are encouraged to remain aware of their payment status with the University and to stay in contact with their sponsor until the terms of the Authorization have been met.
page last updated 3/7/2014 10:43 AM