At the time of registration for any semester or term, every student is required to accept the TWU Payment Terms Agreement below. If the Agreement is declined, registration will not be allowed.
I [name of student], acknowledge that enrolling for courses at TWU constitutes a financial obligation to the University. I understand that it is my responsibility to withdraw from the University by contacting the Office of Student Life, prior to the first official University class day for any semester or term to avoid financial obligation.
I hereby agree to pay the balance of my tuition and fees by one of the two options stated in this Agreement.
I may choose to pay and/or use financial aid to pay my balance in FULL prior to the first day of classes for any semester or term. I understand that:
Changes in my class schedule may affect my charges.
I will pay and/or use financial aid to pay the FULL amount due for schedule changes that increase my charges on or prior to the last day of late registration as stated in the academic calendar.
Failure to pay in full will constitute acceptance of the Installment Payment Option and the $15 installment plan fee and TWU may administratively enroll me in the installment plan.
I may choose to pay my balance on the Installment Payment Option offered for any semester or term. By doing so I understand that:
Satisfaction of the minimum payment requirement, whether by payment, financial aid or emergency loan, must be completed before the established payment deadline as stated in the academic calendar for any semester or term.
· My awarded financial aid will be calculated towards the terms of the plan at the time of enrollment.
· A payment plan/installment fee will be calculated in my initial payment.
· A late payment fee will be assessed for each late payment and that there is no grace period.
· Any fees specifically stated in this Agreement are subject to change without prior notice.
The remaining balance will be due on or before the installment due date specified for each semester or term.
Scheduled payments may vary by semester.
Installment amounts may change account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments.
If I increase my credit hours after enrolling in the payment plan, I must:
· Pay for the added course or courses in full OR, contact the Bursar's Office to determine and pay the minimum amount due and that payment must be made on or before the last day of late registration as stated in the academic calendar.
· By accepting this Agreement, Texas Woman's University, has the right to administratively enroll me in the Installment Payment Option should I make the minimum required payment but fail to complete the plan enrollment process through Portal>WebAdvisor>Pay Online.
· A student who fails to make full payment of tuition and fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
SPONSORED (THIRD PARTY) BILLING
I understand that as a sponsored student:
· I am responsible for submitting to the Bursar's office any third party letter of credit or payment agreement at least one week prior to the beginning of a semester or term.
· The University will apply advance credit to my student account, based on the terms of the letter/agreement.
· The University will bill the third party after the last day to withdraw from a semester or term and receive a refund.
· I am responsible for any portion of charges that are not paid by the third party and that the balance must be satisfied before I will be allowed to register for future semesters or receive official University documents.
· Receipt of third party benefits may affect my financial aid award and could result in an adjustment of the award.
I understand that:
· Bankruptcy - The enrollment action constitutes a financial obligation between the student and Texas Woman’s University and all proceeds of this agreement will be used for educational purposes and constitute an educational loan pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 523(a) (8).
· Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) - I authorize the school, the department, and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding my loan request or my loans(s), including repayment of my loan(s), at the current or any future number either provided or acquired for my personal phone(s) including but not limited to a cellular phone or other wireless device using automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages
· Collection Fees - Collection Agency Costs, not to exceed 30% of the principal balance, will be assessed on the unpaid balance of my account, after internal collection efforts have failed to result in the full payment of my account. My account will be sent to an outside collection agency and may be reported to one or more credit bureau reporting service(s).
· Choice of law/Venue selection – This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with and pursuant to the laws of the state of Texas including, but not limited to Texas Education Code § 51.967, Limitation on Educational Debt.
· Credit Bureau Reporting (Fair Credit Reporting Act) - The university reserves the right to report both positive and negative payment histories to credit-reporting agencies and may obtain a credit report on me at any time in the future to review my account.
page last updated 6/19/2013 10:17 AM