Convenience fee policy for debit/credit card payments
What to expect:
A 2.75% convenience fee ($3 minimum) will be assessed by the TouchNet PayPath® Convenience Fee Service for online Bursar payments made by MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- This charge will appear as a separate transaction on the cardholder’s credit card statements.
- The fee is non-refundable.
VISA credit/debit cards are NOT accepted for Bursar payments; VISA restricts the assessment of a percentage based convenience fee for use of their card.
Bursar Credit/Debit card payments for student accounts and emergency loans can only be made online.
Credit/Debit card payments will not be accepted in person or by phone at the Bursar offices for student accounts or emergency loans.
It is TWU’s goal to keep costs down while continuing to provide outstanding academic programs and services. This change in payment policy will permit TWU to contain costs and avoid potential increases to all of our students, while continuing to provide other no-cost options for Bursar payments.
To avoid the convenience fee, other options are offered for Bursar payments with no additional cost to payer:
Online via Web/Electronic Check/ACH
- Make payment online free of charge by entering the bank account routing and account number from your personal check (DO NOT use debit/check card information).
- Where to find routing and account information on your check. [jpg]
- If you are uncertain, please contact your banking institution.
- Do NOT include the check number.
- The entry of incomplete or inaccurate information may lead to a $30 fee for items returned for:
- Account Not Found
- Unable to Locate
- Insufficient Funds
- Use your TWUOne Account to pay online by electronic check and avoid the convenience fee!
- Learn How [pdf]
Mail checks, cashier checks or money orders to:
TWU Office of the Bursar, PO Box 425439, Denton, TX 76204-5439.
- Payments must be received by the University 24 hours in advance of the payment deadline date to allow adequate processing time prior to the deadline.
- The student’s name and ID must accompany all mailed payments to ensure timely processing.
In person by check, money order, or cash, at the Bursar’s office on any campus.
- Denton – 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Houston – 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Dallas (T. Boone-Pickens location only) – 8:30am-1:30pm Monday-Thursday.
After-hour payments can be placed in the secure depository slot adjacent to the Bursar windows in Denton and Dallas.
- The student’s name and ID must accompany payments to ensure timely processing.
- Payments placed in the depository after hours on a payment deadline date will not be processed until the next business day. In this instance, late payment fees and/or the deletion of course schedules will apply.
A $30 Return Fee will be assessed for any returned check including web/electronic/ACH items.
page last updated 10/30/2013 2:30 PM