TWU's school code is "0I" (zero and the letter i)
Electronic Delivery - Texas Woman’s University, in conjunction with ECSI, are offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step by step instructions. 1098-T Electronic Consent: http://www.ecsi.net/gateway/1098t-signup.html?school=0I . If you choose to receive a paper copy of your 1098-T statement, simply do nothing.
For Frequently asked Questions About IRS Form 1098T click here.
IRS Form 1098T
The 1098T form is used by eligible educational institutions to report information about their students to the IRS as required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. This form is informational only and should not be considered as tax opinion or advice. It serves to alert students that they may be eligible for federal income tax education credits. Receipt of Form 1098T does not indicate eligibility for the tax credit. To determine the amount of qualified tuition and fees paid, and the amount of scholarships and grants received, a taxpayer should use their own financial records.
Note: TWU does not file a Form 1098-T or furnish statements for:
- Students who are not enrolled at least half-time or more for any academic period during the prior calendar year.
- Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program.
- Non-resident alien students, unless provided a valid SSN or ITIN number and requested by the student.
- Students who do not have a valid SSN on file at TWU.
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarship and/or grants.
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between an institution and the student's employer or governmental entity such as the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense.
DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that TWU is prohibited from providing legal, tax, or accounting advice to students and we are not responsible for any use you make of this information. Please refer to IRS publication 970 Tax Benefits for Higher Education at http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html or contact a certified tax advisor for assistance.
As permitted by the IRS, the University has chosen to populate the amount BILLED for qualified tuition and fees in Box 2 on the 1098T as opposed to payments received (Box 1). Please note that the University does not provide the optional Box 1 payment information and will not provide a modified form..
TWU has contracted with ECSI as our third party service provider for the preparation and delivery of IRS Forms 1098T. During the month of January, 1098T forms are mailed or delivered electronically to assist students and/or their paid tax preparers in computing eligibility for possible tax credits or tuition and fee deductions.
Electronic Delivery - Texas Woman’s University, in conjunction with ECSI, are offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step by step instructions.
1098-T Electronic Consent: http://www.ecsi.net/gateway/1098t-signup.html?school=0I
If you choose to receive a paper copy of your 1098-T statement, simply do nothing.
The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form even while traveling or on assignment away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, click on the link below and follow the simple instructions to sign up!
Step 1: Website: http://www.ecsi.net/gateway/1098t-signup.html?school=0I
Step 2: Signup for Electronic Statements by entering your Student ID (not SSN!), Name, and Email Address (with the option to include an alternate email address). ECSI's website is a secure website and ECSI will not share your private information with anyone. This email is strictly sent to gather your consent for receiving an electronic 1098-T Form.
Step 3: Read information, check box and click submit.
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for ECSI.
Inquiries or Corrections
Contact the Bursar’s Office by sending an email to email@example.com.
Include the following information in your message:
Student ID number
Phone number where you can be reached during business hours
Nature of your inquiry
Responses will be returned by email within three business days.
page last updated 3/10/2014 12:25 PM