Cindy Howell - J Wilkes Berry Scholarship Winner - Spring 2014
Cindy Howell only has nine more hours to complete her Bachelor’s Degree in Family Studies. She has worked full-time for Texas Woman’s University for 24 years, while managing a family, going back to school and maintaining other obligations. She says the classes have helped her in her personal life and discovering ways to help others. Her studies have given her a new perspective on how families and individuals are all different. With her degree she hopes to reach out to a variety of people in the social services field – especially youth. She has the desire to try to help make a difference in their lives by helping them become more confident in themselves and to realize their potential. This is her challenge – her opportunity.
Pat Zimmerer - 2013 PDA Winner
Pat Zimmerer will use her winnings to order a CD on “Business Etiquette” and will give a report of what she learned to the ASSET membership at the April 15 meeting.
Larisa Kliman - ASSET Scholarship Winner - Fall 2014
Larisa came to Texas Woman’s University in 2009 to pursue her educational goal of a doctorate degree in school psychology. She completed her Bachelor of Science degree in May 2013. She began working for Texas Woman’s in the Admissions Department. Currently she has begun her work on a Master of Arts in Teaching degree and should have that completed by 2016. Larisa is thankful for the ASSET SCHOLARSHIP and hopes to use her talents and abilities as a School Psychologist with autistic children or students with other developmental disabilities.
The ASSET Scholarship
ASSET scholarship is awarded every spring for the fall semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undregraduate or graduate courses at TWU during the fall semester. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
- Have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the fall term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D. Memorial Endowment Fund Scholarship
The J. Wilkes Berry scholarship is awarded in the fall for the spring semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses. However, first priority will be given to those seeking a baccalaureate degree. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
An essay of approximately 250-300 words concerning his/her academic interests, professional goals, and work experience to demonstrate his/her ability and commitment to his/her chosen field of study. Essay should be clear, use succinct sentences and appropriate grammar and style.
Three (3) scholarship recommendation forms
Must have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the spring term;
Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
Personal Development Award (PDA)
The Personal Development Award is awarded in the fall and can be used anytime during the academic year. Only ASSET members are eligible for this award.
- Must be a current member;
- Must have been a member of ASSET for one year and participated in three activities (bake sale, craft show, Adopt A Spot, hosted a meeting, attended a meeting, etc.) the previous year;
- Must submit application for a drawing;
- Must bring the information about the event to the board in advance of attendance;
- Must attend the event within one year of being awarded the money;
- Must give a presentation or give handouts at general meeting after attending the event.
page updated 7/15/2014 9:58 PM