Rules for Exhibits
If the following rules are not followed the project will be disqualified.
- An individual exhibit is constructed by one person only.
- All exhibits must be constructed by students.
- Teachers or other technically trained people may give information and advice only.
- Each student may enter only one exhibit.
- Group projects may have a maximum of 3 team members.
- Group projects will be eligible in the elementary division only (K-6), and each group member must pay the entry fee. An entry form is required for each team member.
- Posters must be self-supporting.
- No student's name, school name, or photo of student (recognizable facial image) may be displayed on an exhibit.
- Size of exhibit is limited to 30 inches in depth, 48 inches in width, and 108 inches in height from the floor to the top of the exhibit. Maximum project size includes all project materials, supports, and demonstrations for judges. If a table is used it becomes part of the display and must not exceed the allowed dimensions nor may the table plus any part of the project exceed the allowed dimensions.
- Journals are recommended but not required.
- All equipment and other necessary material must be furnished by exhibitor; 110 volt outlets will be available.
- If electricity is needed, exhibitor must furnish an extension cord at least 15 feet in length.
- Judges have authority to reclassify a project if they feel it has been entered in the wrong category.
- Safety precautions must be strictly observed, or project will be disqualified.
- No prior trophies, ribbons, or awards may be displayed.
- No logos or acknowledgements are allowed on the display.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own project. TWU assumes no responsibility for any project or the materials included therein at any time.
- Each student is responsible for submitting the appropriate forms on or before the deadline. All fees must be included with first two printed and signed pages of the project form in order to be processed. Incomplete forms and unpaid submissions will not be processed.
- Participant fees to be paid by check, money order, or cash only. Fees are non-refundable.
- All projects must be checked in by the scheduled time or will forfeit participation in the Science Fair.
- No projects will be received before the scheduled check-in times under any circumstances.
- Those attending the Science Fair are free to leave after set-up, however all projects must be picked up by the schedule time.
- TWU does not assume responsibility for any child. A parent or designated guardian must be in attendance with participant/student/child at all times.
- Food is available on campus, however not provided. Sack lunches are welcome.
Rules for Live Vertebrate Animal Projects
- If students choose to conduct experiments using live vertebrate animals, the proper forms must be completed and submitted with project form.
- Live Animal Form 2014 [pdf]
- No vertebrate animals are allowed to accompany the project.
Entrance fee must be included with first two pages of the project form in order to be processed. Incomplete forms and unpaid submissions will not be processed. Fees are non-refundable.
Checks Payable to: Texas Woman's University ·
Submit forms and payment to:
TWU Science Fair
P.O. Box 425437
Denton, TX 76204
Fax #: (940) 898-3366: attn. Project Coordinator
Any questions call 940.898.3325
A Project Form and a signed Approval Form MUST be submitted for each participant. Group Fee: If entering as a group, there is not a group fee, the fees are per participant.
Online Payment (available Spring 2014)
page last updated 3/11/2014 3:50 PM