The Edible Car Contest is an exciting event that challenges DFW area students in grades 6-12 to combine their creative ideas with principles of mathematics and physics. Students in teams of 4 (minimum of 2 female participants per team) build small cars entirely out of edible materials to be judged in categories such as ingenuity, mobility, and design. The teams will then compete against each other for the fastest race times by rolling the cars down an inclined race track. Cash prizes totaling $600 will be awarded.
Thank You to our Edible Car Contest 2016 Sponsors:
Texas Motor Speedway
Mellow Mushroom of Denton
The Louise Mitchell Foundation
TWU Marketing and Communication
TWU Intercultural Services
TWU College of Arts & Sciences
TWU Department of Math & Computer Science
And many, many thanks to our 2016 Volunteer Judges and Pit Crew!
Registration for the 18th Annual Edible Car Contest is Now Open!
2016 Edible Car Contest Flyer available here (.pdf)
Register Now for the 18th Annual Edible Car Contest
Fill out and submit the Edible Car 2016 Registration Form online.
Submit your team's entry fee of $32.00:
- Online payments may be made here via credit card (fastest option).
- Checks or P.O.s must be made payable to Texas Woman's University and mailed to TWU Edible Car Contest | P.O. Box 425437 | Denton, TX 76204.
- Please Note: If an invoice or W-9 is needed, contact email@example.com. POs must be received prior to the Edible Car Registration Deadline. A $30 fee will be charged for ALL RETURNED CHECKS Including electronic/web checks TWU processes all eligible returned checks through the Denton County District Attorney’s Hot Check Division. There will be an additional charge assessed by the Denton DA.
Have each team member's parent or guardian sign a Release Form. Submit the signed form via one of the following methods:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (fastest option)
- Fax: (940) 898-3366
- Mail: TWU Edible Car Contest | P.O. Box 425437 | Denton, TX 76204
Important: All forms and payments must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 5, 2016. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once all items have been received and processed. If you have questions about registration or have not received an email confirmation within 2 business days, please contact email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Rules, Deadlines & Judging Criteria
The 2016 Edible Car Contest will take place between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Friday, February 12th.
8:30–10:00 a.m.: Check-In and Welcome Announcements
11:00 a.m.: Refreshments served
12:00-12:30 p.m.: Final Judging
12:30-1:30 p.m.: Awards Ceremony and Closing Remarks
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 10:00 a.m. All teams MUST be checked in by the 10:00 a.m. deadline. We strongly recommend arriving early.
- After check-in, students will have time to assemble or make adjustments to their cars at their team table before lining up for judging.
- Please note: although some refreshments will be provided, we recommend that students bring a sack lunch. Most on-campus restaurants will close by 1:30 p.m. on Friday. List of family-friendly restaurants near TWU (.pdf file)
Anna Ryan, Project Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 940.898.3325
Awards & Past Winners
page last updated 2/5/2016 4:21 PM