Edible Car Rules 2016
- Each team must consist of 4 students; at least 2 team members must be female. University teams must have at least 2 Texas Woman’s University (TWU) students.
- Cars must be built using only materials edible by humans (materials that cause no harm to humans). Teams may bring "cars" already assembled or assemble minor parts upon arrival.
- Submitted edible cars must "look like" a car and must not exceed the following dimensions:
- • 4 inches wide (including wheels and hub caps)
- • 4 inches tall (including windshield, car roof, people, etc)
- • 12 inches long (including front and rear bumpers and any other extensions)
- Cars must operate on 3 - 4 rotating "wheels" and roll successfully down a ramp that is 8 to 10 feet in length, inclined at approximately 20 degrees and is approximately 7.5 inches wide (must be able to survive 3 runs down the ramp, if necessary).
- To be eligible for a prize, an entry must roll down the ramp on “wheels.”
- Each team is required to submit an itemized list of all materials used in the car, along with their estimated costs (total estimate less than $15; receipts not necessary); present to Round 1 Judges.
- Each team is required to submit a statement of the theme or purpose for the car design; present to Round 1 judges.
- Each student may be on only one team.
- Each team may submit only one car.
- All team members are encouraged to attend the event but at least THREE team members are required to be present during the event and to claim any prize winnings.
- Registration forms and application fees are due by 5:00 pm, February 5, 2016.
- It is the team’s responsibility to confirm receipt of application and fee.
- To change team members on a registration form for any purpose, a team must contact the Edible Car Contest Project Coordinator and submit a modified application by 12:00pm on Tuesday, February 9, 2016. No substitutions or changes will be allowed after the February 9th deadline.
- Follow Steps 1, 2, and 3 on the Edible Car Contest Homepage.
- All forms and payments must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 5, 2016. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once all items have been received and processed. If you have questions about registration or have not received an email confirmation within 2 business days, please contact email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- All "car" entries must be submitted by team members for judging between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Friday, February 12, 2016, in the Hubbard Hall Banquet. Check-in will be in the main East Entrance of Hubbard Hall.
page last updated 9/27/2016 11:53 AM