Distinguished Alumni Awards
Distinguished Alumni Awards are an annual award given jointly by the TWU Former Students Association and the University to recognize and to honor alumni who have brought honor to themselves and to their alma mater by outstanding achievements in their chosen profession or who have made notable contributions to society in other areas of endeavor.
Distinguished Alumni Award Honorees
- Past DA Award Honorees - By year 1980-2015
- Past DA Award Honorees - Alphabetical by first name 1980-2015
How to Nominate
- Complete the nomination form with the information below:
- Write a cover letter of approximately one page, nominating the graduate you wish to
- honor, with attention to the criteria for selection.
- Include a vitae or professional resume of the nominee.
- Arrange for three letters of support for your nomination to be sent separately to:
- TWU Former Students Association
P. O. Box 425795
Denton, TX 76204-5795
- Education, including degree(s) from Texas Woman’s University
- Professional experience
- Publications, research, artistic endeavors
- Volunteer service to the profession and/or the community
- Honors and awards
- Evidence of leadership
- Support of the University through involvement with the University/students since their graduation as evidenced by
- Membership in TWU FSA
- Internship sponsorship
- Financial contributions
- Committee membership
- Participation in academic endeavors and/or other types of participation
When the selections are made, recipients will be contacted and asked for:
- Permission to release information
- A photo that can accompany publications
- Any updates to their resumes.
- Academic deans, directors, and chairs will be notified of the selections.
- Recipients will be introduced at the honors convocation, and awards will be presented at the Distinguished Alumni ceremony at homecoming.
- In the event of a last-minute emergency which prevents the awardee from being present at the awards ceremony, the award may be granted in absentia.
page last updated 6/29/2015 3:35 PM