Texas Woman's University's Dream Come True Scholarship Program is offered to Dallas County Community College District Rising Star Program participants in an effort to eliminate financial barriers to education.
Like the Rising Star Program, the TWU Dream Come True Scholarship promises Dallas County youth that if they:
- graduate from high school,
- successfully complete their first two years of college in the Rising Star Program,
- and demonstrate financial need,
they will be guaranteed the opportunity to transfer to TWU to earn a four-year degree. The TWU Dream Come True Scholarship provides up to $3600 for tuition and other educational expenses for two years of undergraduate education at TWU.
- Students who have been certified by the Dallas County Community College District Rising Star Program and are in good standing with a minimum 3.0 grade-point average.
- Rising Star program recipients who have completed DCCCD's core requirements (Texas Common Core).
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., or meet the qualifications set forth in the Texas House Bill 1403.
- Applicants must have been accepted to Texas Woman's University, and be classified as degree-seeking.
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application for Transfer Students and have been accepted to Texas Woman's University.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be on file with TWU.
- Submit now updated TWU Dream Come True Scholarship application (see Dream Come True Application Checklist) to the Rising Star Campus Coordinator at their DCCCD campus.
- File and have completely processed the FAFSA by the appropriate financial aid deadline.
- The TWU Dream Come True Scholarship will pay $3600 maximum for four semesters.
|Submit FAFSA||March 15|
|Scholarship Application||March 15|
Returning Students Scholarship Renewal
- Recipients must maintain a cumulative TWU GPA of 3.0 each academic semester, and be in good academic standing.
- Recipients must enroll in and successfully complete twelve (12) credit hours each semester.
- Recipients must be enrolled for consecutive fall & spring semesters in order to retain their scholarship eligibility. If the student is not enrolled during a consecutive semester he/she must re-apply for the scholarship. Funds are not guaranteed when re-applying. Funds are not available for summer sessions.
- Recipients who withdraw from classes or fall below the 12 credit hours are required each semester to notify the Financial Aid Office in writing to have their TWU Dream Come True Scholarship funds held for future semesters. All Recipients who change their addresses must file an "address change form" with the TWU Registrar's Office.
- Complete FAFSA by Financial Aid Priority Deadlines
- Complete TWU Financial Aid Application by Financial Aid Priority Deadline
- Complete the TWU Scholarship Application by the March 15th Deadline
- Be enrolled at full-time status, in good academic standing, and maintaining the minimum 3.0 GPA.
Students must apply for financial aid as early as possible to receive first consideration for awards. Priority is given to students who have the greatest need and who have submitted all required documentation to the TWU Financial Aid Office by the specified dates in the TWU Financial Aid Information Bulletin. Processing of applications will continue after the priority dates. However, processing and awarding of scholarships will cease TWO WEEKS prior to registration
Any Questions or Concerns, Please contact the DCCCD Rising Star District Office or the TWU Office of Admissions (940)898-3188.
page last updated 12/1/2014 11:48 AM