- Sonia Carrizales, a Ph.D. student in psychology, was named the 2012 Student of the Year Award by the American Psychological Association’s Section on the Advancement of Women (SAW).
- Jessica McKinley, a senior nursing major, was one of only 10 nursing students in the U.S. in 2012 selected for a research internship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clincial Center in Bethesda, MD.
- Mayva Rivas was selected for the 2012 Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) national internship program, the largest of its kind in the U.S.
- Chemistry majors Kayla McConnell and Sarah Sutherland were chosen to present their research on how DNA sequences relate to cancer and cancer treatment drugs at the Spring 2012 National Meeting of the American Chemical Society.
- The University Choir was among only seven university ensembles invited to perform at the 2012 Southwestern American Choral Directors Association Conference.
- Sarah Adams, a graduate in biology and chemistry, is one of only 56 students in the U.S. and five in Texas in 2012 to receive a national Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship.
Elizabeth Claffey, a 2011 graduate of TWU, is using a 2012-13 Fullbright Fellowship award for research on the post-Communist cultural identity in Albania.
Jairus Reddy, a Ph.D. student in molecular biology, was selected to present his research at the Society for Neuroscience’s 2012 Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
page last updated 11/16/2012