2. Is the justification presented?
3. Are there any disciplinary conflicts with courses currently offered?
4. Modifications: Is the difference between old and new description accurate?
5. Are revisions minor or do they indicate a new course?
6. New Courses in a series: If courses have the same name, are they named to indicate sequence (with a Roman numeral following course title)?
7. Does the description and other inforamtion on the course form (#6) match the item #1 box on the syllabus form?
8. Does course description include description of course content?
9. Should the course be repeatable for credit? For how many times?
10. If the course is one of a series, are the prerequisite courses given for later courses?
11. Are required statements in course description the last items in the description?
12. Are contact hours in description same as item #18, and consistent with credit hours? Are courses with both lecture and lab hours classified appropriately for the primary type of instruction?
Lab hours and credit hours
o 2 – 4 lab hours = 1 credit hour
o 4 – 6 lab hours = 2 credit hours
o 6 – 8 lab hours = 3 credit hours
Some examples from catalog:
1 lecture + 2 lab hours = 2 hrs
1 lecture + 3 lab hours [OT] = 2 hrs
2 lecture + 4 lab hours = 3 credit hrs , 6 contact hrs [Art]
1 lecture + 9 practicum hours = 4 credit hrs [Nurs 6034]
3 lecture + 3 practicum hours = 4 credit hrs [NURS --]
page last updated 3/11/2014 11:03 AM