Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the PILOT program is to provide Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) with resources and instruction for teaching in the online environment at the college level.
GTAs, supported by their home departments, enroll in a four-week online summer course designed to give participants opportunities to practice technical and pedagogical strategies for teaching online at the college level.
The course will explore:
- Creating content and using tools in Blackboard
- Community building in the online environment
- Facilitating learner-to-instructor interaction
- Designing accessible course modules
Graduate teaching assistants (instructors of record) who are assigned to teach courses either online or hybrid during the 2016 - 2017 academic year.
Department chairs or program coordinators distribute the program application to interested GTAs.
Download and fill out the PILOT Application [pdf]. The application deadline is Friday, July 1 by 5 p.m.
Send the completed application to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
- April 11, 2016 Application Opens
- July 1, 2016 Application Closes
- July 18, 2016 Course Opens
- August 12, 2016 Course Closes
- August 12, 2016 Final Project Due
(After verification of completion of online course and required deliverables, ($750) payment is submitted for processing.)
Questions About the Program
page last updated 5/19/2016 12:37 PM