Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the PILOT program is to provide Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) with resources and instruction for teaching in the online environment at the college level.
GTAs, supported by their home departments, enroll in a four-week online summer course designed to give participants opportunities to practice technical and pedagogical strategies for teaching online at the college level.
The course will explore:
- Creating content and using tools in Blackboard
- Community building in the online environment
- Facilitating learner-to-instructor interaction
- Designing accessible course modules
Graduate teaching assistants (instructors of record) who are assigned to teach courses either online or hybrid during the 2015 - 2016 academic year.
Department chairs or program coordinators distribute the program application to interested GTAs. Completed applications are sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313. Application deadline: June 30, 2015 by 5 p.m.
- April 1, 2015 – Application opens
- June 30, 2015 – Application closes
- July 13, 2015 – Course opens
- August 7, 2015 – Course closes
- August 7, 2015 – Final project due
(After verification of completion of online course and required deliverables, ($750) payment is submitted for processing.)
Questions About the Program
page last updated 5/20/2015 8:02 AM