- Maggie Bohm, Sociology and Social Work
- Marcella Clinard, Women’s Studies
- Lucas Enrique Espinoza, Sociology and Social Work
- Luis Enrique Espinoza, Sociology and Social Work
- Rachael Geary, English, Speech, and Foreign Languages
- Colleen Halverson, College of Nursing
- Jamie Jones, English, Speech, and Foreign Languages
- Stacy Kelk, Sociology and Social Work
- Andrea Laurent-Simpson, Sociology and Social Work
- Mary Hannah Key, Family Sciences
- Martel Pipkins, Sociology and Social Work
- Pam Tise, Women’s Studies
- Tawny LeBouef Tullia, English, Speech, and Foreign Languages
- Katie Walker, Reading
- Jessica Williams, Sociology and Social Work
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the PILOT program is to provide Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) with resources and instruction for teaching in the online environment at the college level.
GTAs, supported by their home departments, enroll in a four-week online summer course designed to give participants opportunities to practice technical and pedagogical strategies for teaching online at the college level.
The course will explore:
- Creating content and using tools in Blackboard
- Community building in the online environment
- Facilitating learner-to-instructor interaction
- Designing accessible course modules
Graduate teaching assistants (instructors of record) who are assigned to teach courses either online or hybrid during the 2015 - 2016 academic year.
Department chairs or program coordinators distribute the program application to interested GTAs. Completed applications are sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
The application process for this program is closed.
- April 1, 2015 – Application opens
- June 30, 2015 – Application closes
- July 13, 2015 – Course opens
- August 7, 2015 – Course closes
- August 7, 2015 – Final project due
(After verification of completion of online course and required deliverables, ($750) payment is submitted for processing.)
Questions About the Program
page last updated 7/31/2015 3:27 PM