The Live to the Desktop presentation will be conducted online in Blackboard Collaborate. Registration is not required.
Creating Accessible Documents with Tagged PDFs
November 11 | 2 – 3 p.m.
This Live to the Desktop will focus on producing documents in Microsoft Word and converting those documents to tagged PDFs that can be read by a screen reader.
Upcoming Topics for Spring 2015
- Accommodation Features for General Productivity
- Accommodations for Online Students
- Issues in Accessibility When Using Third-Party Tools
All Dallas faculty and staff are invited to attend the following trainings. For more information, contact Rachel Raidenkov from the Dallas Office of Technology and Janet Bickel-Burton from the Dallas Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology. All of the following trainings will be held in ISHD room 6700 unless otherwise noted. Registration is not required.
- Grade Center | October 28 | 3 – 4 p.m.
- Item Analysis & Test Questions Statistics | November 11 | 3 – 4 p.m.
- Getting Ready for Next Semester | November 24 | 12 – 1 p.m.
- Blackboard Collaborate and IM Chat | December 9 | 3 – 4 p.m.
- Getting Ready for Next Semester | December 16 | 3 – 4 p.m.
All Houston faculty and staff are invited to attend the following trainings that will cover topics including Blackboard preparation, Blackboard tools and other technology related topics. These trainings are offered jointly by the Office of Technology and the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology.
All sessions will be conducted online in Bb Collaborate. Registration is not required.
- Poster Design Basics | October 28 | 12 - 1 p.m.
- Blackboard: The Grade Center and Course Reports | November 6 | 2 - 3 p.m.
- Respondus Test Generator and Lockdown Browser | November 14 | 2 - 3 p.m.
- Blackboard Collaborate: Plan | November 18 | 12 - 1 p.m.
- Blackboard: Getting Ready for Next Semester | December 1 | 12 - 1 p.m.
Schedule a Workshop
To schedule a workshop for your department or program, contact the TLT group at 940.898.3409. The TLT group also sends information on all TLT events via email.
The TLT group also sponsors several special events for the TWU community. Each fall, the Online Educator Symposium brings together faculty and others to discuss teaching in the online environment. During the spring semester, TLT sponsors the Academic Success Series (a lecture and/or workshop session followed by two online sessions on related topics). During the summer, several TLT sponsored events take place. In June, invited Teaching Assistants can participate in the PILOT program. This four-week course covers basic concepts for teaching online and F2F for Teaching Assistants. The Pioneer Teaching and Learning Academy also convenes in June. A select group of faculty members and mentors attend a three day institute on teaching and learning and work through the year to explore some aspect of teaching. In July, the Online Faculty Development Program is offered for new TWU faculty members. This program covers course development and pedagogical concepts for teaching online.
page last updated 10/21/2014 1:36 PM