Offered in July, this program is a venue for new online instructors to learn about course design, develop relationships with instructional designers, and become acquainted with current strategies being used online by TWU colleagues. The program begins with an interactive four-week online course in which instructors begin to build major course elements with emphasis on planning, designing, and managing four key types of students interactions in an online course.
- Interactions with instructors
- Interactions with technology
- Interactions with course content
- Interactions with classmates
After the first four weeks, instructors work individually with instructional designers during the fall and spring semester to complete the design process. Participants complete the program when their online course successfully meets the Quality Matters standards after an informal review process.
The program is aimed at full-time faculty new to TWU without experience teaching in the online environment. Faculty with previous online teaching experience will not be considered for the program. Each participant will receive a $1,500 stipend upon fulfillment of project requirements.
Department chairs or program heads will notify faculty meeting the eligibility requirements about the program. Completed applications should be sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313. The application process is closed for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
- April 1, 2015 Application opens
- May 15, 2015 Application closes
- May 18 22, 2015 Review applications
- May 29, 2015 Notification of acceptance
- July 6, 2015 (online) Course opens
- July 31, 2015 (online) Course closes
- August 15, 2015 Deadline for payroll
- October 1, 2015 First payment (Must have completed: 4 week course and all required deliverables)
- October 1, 2015 ID check-in, ID offers assistance / checks progress and final objectives / Part 1 Self-review
- November 2, 2015 ID check-in and self-review of Essential Standards / Part 2 Self-review
- December 1, 2015 ID check-in and self-review of Non-essential Standards / Part 3 Self-review
- December 31, 2015 Participant self-review of course (If self-review is not submitted by the deadline, participant is not eligible for second payment)
- January 2016 Informal review of course
- February / April 2016 Revisions (All work to be completed by March 25, 2016 March 29, deadline for payroll)
- May 1, 2016 Second payment
Questions About the Program
page last updated 6/29/2015 10:06 AM