Offered in the summer, this program is a venue for new online instructors to learn about course design, develop relationships with instructional designers, and become acquainted with current strategies being used online by TWU colleagues. The program begins with an interactive five-week online course in which instructors begin to build major course elements with emphasis on planning, designing, and managing four key types of students’ interactions in an online course.
- Interactions with instructors
- Interactions with technology
- Interactions with course content
- Interactions with classmates
After the first five weeks, instructors work individually with instructional designers during the fall and spring semester to complete the design process. Participants complete the program when their completed online course successfully meets the Quality Matters standards after an informal review process.
The program is aimed at full-time faculty new to TWU without experience teaching in the online environment. Faculty with previous online teaching experience will not be considered for the program. Each participant will receive a $1,500 stipend upon fulfillment of project requirements.
The application process is closed for this event.
Department chairs or program heads will notify faculty meeting the eligibility requirements about the program.
Send the completed application to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
- April 25, 2016 – Application opens
- May 20, 2016 – Application closes
- May 30, 2016 – Notification of acceptance
- June 27, 2016 (online) – Course opens
- July 31, 2016 (online) – Course closes
- October 4, 2016 – Connect with Instructional Designer / Complete Part 1 Self-review
- November 1, 2016 – Connect with Instructional Designer / Complete Part 2 Self-review
- December 2, 2016 – Connect with Instructional Designer / Complete Part 3 Self-review
- December 31, 2016 – Participant self-review of course - Requires the course to be completely built (If the self-review is not submitted by the deadline, participant is not eligible for second payment.)
- January 2017 – Informal review process begins
- February - March 2017 – Revisions (All work to be completed by March 25)
page last updated 7/22/2016 2:47 PM